- More Independent / More Hardware
- Free Shipping Australia Wide
- Worldwide Shipping Available
- Call 1800 034 588 10 am to 5:30 & Days
- email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- All products sourced from licenced distributors
- 60 Day no questions guarantee on all product
Independent Truck Company is a dedicated skateboard truck manufacturer that was established in 1978 and based in Santa Cruz, California. The company is owned by NHS and was originally co-founded by Richard Novak, Jay Shiurman, Fausto Vitello and Eric Swenson. The first stage of the truck was released on May 23, 1978 in Neward, California. This new first model truck was introduced into the market due the to lack of quality and functionality of the trucks that were available at the time, these trucks were obviously a huge hit.
Independent has had a leading skate team since the beginning of it’s birth, it’s team today is: Tony Hawk, Ryan Sheckler, Eric Koston, Greg Lutzka, Chris Haslam, Andrew Reynolds, Lizard King, Braydon Szafranski, Justin "Figgy" Figueora, David Gravette, David González, Matt Miller, Luan Oliveira, Evan Smith, Darren Navarette, Ben Raybourn, Jeff Grosso, Alex Olson, Brian Anderson, Peter Hewitt, Emanuel Guzman, Lance Mountain, Christian Hosoi and Ben Raemers.
Today independent is the leading truck company in the world and seems to be doing so for many, many years to come.