FLIGHT® Deck Construction
Five years ago we set out on an exploration to improve the strength and performance of skateboard decks and to see what was possible. FLIGHT decks apply what we learned into making a superior deck with increased performance at an affordable price.
Built in a new production area in our Santa Barbara, California, facility, FLIGHT decks are stronger, thinner and lighter than a 7-ply. You'll get the feel of it in an hour or two and begin to realize you can do things riding a Flight deck that cannot be done on a 7-ply. Flight decks allow you to extend your limits, because they let you ollie higher, flip faster, do tricks more easily, and they don't break in two like a 7-ply.
FLIGHT decks are:
- Thinner - as thin as your phone
- Lighter than a similar sized 7-ply
- Stronger - more than twice as strong in our tail break tests
- Longer lasting - The epoxy infused, fiber reinforced structure of the Flight deck is extremely resistant to breaking, and this structure gives Flight decks "everlasting pop" that doesn't fade as your Flight deck slowly wears.
- Ollies higher because of greater rebound and snap.
Team testing suggests that Flight decks will last several times as long as a 7-ply, making them a great value as well as a superior performing skateboard.